Technician - A Tech
Full Time | Experienced
This position is primarily responsible to service a broad range of vehicle repair issues to ensure proper performance and safety of vehicles and for quickly identifying the cause of performance problems. The jobs will range from standard maintenance to transmission, electrical diagnostics and everything in between.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Diagnose and repair automotive systems-drivetrain, brake and hydraulic, exhaust, primary and/or advanced fuel ignition and electrical, air conditioning and computer systems
- Transmission Removal and Installation
- Ability to accurately diagnose transmission problems, TCM, PCM, Solenoids, electrical issues.
- Assist other technicians in performing technical activities
- Continuously learn new information and techniques, including cross training of POS software
- Keep store management aware of mechanical repair problems and inventory supply needs
- Maintain an organized work environment
- Performs other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
AT least 5+ years’ of experience. The diagnostic technician is also required to provide strong leadership skills and a customer-focused attitude to go along with a high level of motivation and energy.
ASE/Industry/AAMCO Certifications are preferred but not required (we can get you there)
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to diagnose mechanical problems and perform repairs with general supervision
- Excellent judgment and discretion; ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously, meet deadlines, and handle work-related stress is required
- Friendly, courteous, service-oriented, professional, outgoing, and customer service oriented
- Remain calm and professional in stressful situations
- Detail oriented while maintaining an extremely positive attitude
- Recognize problems, identify possible causes and resolve routine problems
- Safe working knowledge of shop tools and equipment such as scanners, electrical diagnostic equipment, AC recovery equipment, fluid exchange equipment, lift operation, etc.
- Team player with a "can do" attitude that can work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to establish and maintain professional atmosphere for employees, clients and customers
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items over 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.