Technician - C Tech
Full Time | Experienced
This position is primarily responsible to service a broad range of basic maintenance and minor vehicle repair issues to ensure proper performance and safety of vehicles and for quickly identifying the cause of performance problems.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform work specified on basic maintenance and minor repair orders with efficiency
- Repair vehicle automotive systems including basic inspections, flushes, oil changes, etc.
- Communicating with Service Manager when additional repairs are needed or work will not be completed in a scheduled time period.
- Explain mechanical diagnoses and required repairs in a non-technical manner to service advisors and customers
- Continuously learn new technical information and techniques in formal training sessions in order to stay abreast with rapidly changing technology
- Working alongside skilled technician to advance in the performance regarding quality repairs and vehicle maintenance.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Minimum of 1 year of experience as an automotive technician
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Must have experience which can include basic inspection, oil changes, basic maintenance and minor repair work
- Excellent judgment and discretion; ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously, meet deadlines, and handle work-related stress is required
- Friendly, courteous, service-oriented, professional, outgoing, and customer service oriented
- Remain calm and professional in stressful situations
- Detail oriented while maintaining an extremely positive attitude
- Recognize problems, identify possible causes and resolve routine problems
- Team player with a "can do" attitude that can work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to establish and maintain professional atmosphere for employees, clients and customers
- Safe working knowledge of shop tools and equipment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items over 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.